Here are ten things I learned today, in no particular order:
- In case I ever thought it was just coincidental before, I now know for certain that standing in bright sunshine and high heat for a while will lead to a panic attack.
- Some people who smoke are very indignant about it, even when there are kids around.
- People will stand in line for a long time to do very little.
- Kids are often more logical than adults.
- I will pay $6 for a lukewarm bottle of Gatorade if it’s hot enough and I am thirsty enough.
- The NFL’s viewership must really be suffering if they’re willing to do all this for the draft.
- It pays to be a Patriots fan in Eagle-town at an event like this. Shorter lines for photo ops.
- Sweatbands are a good giveaway idea.
- The new ice cream store on our street is super.
- Video games in air conditioned basements is the perfect end to this day.