- There has been a near-constant symphony of wind chimes in my neighborhood for the past two days. It makes the raw, rainy wind seem almost pretty.
- The Who has woken up whimpering (uncharacteristically) three times since he fell asleep (late, after having uncharacteristic trouble falling asleep.) The last time, he said, in his half-asleep stupor: “I have a problem.” But he couldn’t articulate it. We did discuss some stressful/loaded things tonight, among them possibly missing a really important and exciting event at school due to planned travel as well as talking about what kind of summer vacationing we should do. I think it’s gotta be anxiety. Those are some big things for a little kid.
- After an unplanned missed first day of teaching for me, tomorrow is my actual first day. It’s practically Christmas break already. I hope I don’t forget to go.
- I made a scant few phone calls for Hillary tonight, asking democrats to canvass this weekend. No one said yes, but a 73-year-old man did talk to me for ten minutes about what a shitshow Trump is and how he’s gonna vote a straight Democratic ticket even though he is registered Independent. (Not according to my list, but whatevs.) I also called a woman whose teenaged son said she was home, had an audible conversation with her about who I was and why I was calling (he didn’t know) and then eventually came back and told me she was in the shower.
- Saturday I am taking The Who with me to sit in our town and register voters. We cannot fuck around with Pennsylvania. There’s way too much at stake.