Ten things I learned this week:
- When I say I want a short haircut, I probably mean I want a short haircut. Not a shortish haircut, which is what I got.
- Although I felt certain that I had a kid that didn’t fall asleep watching TV, if the week has been long and so has the show, the kid might just drop off during the closing credits.
- 44lbs is probably my limit for carrying as dead weight up a flight of stairs.
- When making buttercream icing, use less sugar.
- Finding one-piece, cotton, summer-weight (i.e. not fleece) zip up, footless pajamas in a size greater than 4T is next to impossible — even on the almighty internet. (Unless you are willing to get one that has a butt-flap with a punny saying on it like “Tail End” or, alternatively, a classic solid red with a butt-flap.
- Using the search term “union suit” might get you, finally, what you’re looking for.
- However, using the search term “union suit” might also get you this. And this.
- Baking a cake, walking my kid to school, doing the dishes, and coordinating homeroom mom responsibilities will indeed make me feel a little like Donna Reed.
- Picking out tile for the new bathroom is truly my idea of a good time.
- I prefer my ginger ale slightly frozen.