When I get blocked, I bullet. So, here’s this:
- That full-time job is lurking just around the corner. Is it lurking? Maybe it’s just waiting. I can’t decide if it’s going to be awesome or terrible and I guess I don’t need to decide. Right now it feels like it’s lurking. I am already missing the leisurely mornings and spontaneous day trips that I get to take with my boy. At least it’s time-limited.
- I had a dream that I struck a deal with a friend to borrow her Prius and I was psyched. I think I want a Prius next. Or a Hummer. I could be happy with either. (I’m just kidding. I could not be happy in a Hummer. But only because too many people call it a “hum-vee” and that annoys me.)
- The Who has been noticing my body size lately and I feel like this is a crucial moment for him and for us. It’s the moment where I have an open door to teach him about loving your body no matter its size, shape, color, or smell. (Ok, well, if it really smells, you may not love it.) It’s the moment where I can teach him that he doesn’t have to be ashamed of my body because I am not. Of course, these moments are ongoing and have been happening since he was an infant, but the time feels very ripe right now. Last night, he said, “Your butt is as big as Thomas!” and then he gave it a playful slap. I giggled. Because it was funny. “It is!” I replied. I think that’s the best way to handle those moments. At some point (soon), I will need to teach him that it’s not polite to comment on people’s bodies. But in this moment, I don’t want to knee-jerk silence him when he is making these observations. I am a safe place for him to work out his thoughts and feelings about these complicated things.
- Adele can cover Dylan, but Dylan can’t really cover Adele.
- The Who and I just returned from a spur-of-the-moment trip to Boston. I am so glad we were able to go there and love that city.