Things I have learned during these days of 24/7 solo parenting (while m* is away for work):
- Parenting is way easier and more enjoyable when I have had enough sleep.
- Being hot and sweaty really compromises my ability to be patient.
- It’s harder for me to stay “hands-off” on the potty training when the above two things are going on.
- I actually don’t hate imaginative play; I just hate doing it when I need to run around in the house.
- I will need to work hard at continuing to interact, play, and be present when I don’t have to (like when he is an older kid on the playground, as opposed to now when I still can’t take my eyes off of him for a second.)
- Maintaining an early nap and bedtime is well worth the morning plans cut short.
- Deleting the Facebook app from my phone and changing email settings to not notify me every time one comes in has freed up a lot of time and has made me feel less resentful of The Who’s demand for my attwntion..
- I can’t wait for day care to start next week.